Affiliate links may be included for your convenience. View our privacy and affiliates policy for details.
This week’s Iron Craft challenge had to do with toys, either making a toy or making something with toys. I had actually started this project a while ago but the Bit declared it unfinished and I pulled it back out for this purpose.
These are little peg people with matching cups, painted in the colors of the rainbow. They’re for color matching, of course, but also just for playing with.
It was an unfinished project because, after I made one set, the Bit insisted there had to be two of each color.
I was only too happy to comply.
What You’ll Need
- 6 (or 12) 2-inch wooden peg dolls
- 6 (or 12) 1 5/8 inch wooden candle cups
- paint in each of the colors you want to use (I did red orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
- painting supplies
- fine-tipped black permanent marker or pen
What You’ll Do
- Paint a peg and a cup each color. I left the “head” part blank, but you could paint part of it yellow, brown, black or red to stand in for hair if you like. Allow to dry.
- Draw a face on the pegs.
- Collect in an adorable basket.
- Repeat if necessary.
The Bit enjoys sorting and playing with these. She even liked them when there were only one of each color, but she was really excited to see the new set, too.
What have you been making lately? I’d love to hear about it!