I’m a little behind on, well, probably everything this holiday season, but I’m just now starting to pull together gifts for my daughter’s teachers.
- A2 size blank greeting cards
- bright colored Sharpies or markers
- brown or wood grain washi tape
- Offray Microspool self-adhesive ribbon (one three-yard roll should be enough for three cards)
- Align your card the way you want it and write something at the bottom. I went with “merry.”
- Cut a small piece of washi tape and place it centered above your writing to be the trunk of your tree.
- Decide how long you want the base of your tree to be, cut the ribbon and stick onto the tree.
- Making each piece progressively shorter, repeat five times (six strips of tape total; I made mine two stripes shorter on each side each time).
- Repeat as needed for the number of cards you need.
This is a great little card for when you forgot you needed a card or just want to send some holiday greetings on a whim. There are lots of these self-adhesive ribbons, but you can also use regular ribbon and secure with glue if you’d rather (or to spare yourself a trip to the craft store).
Do you make your own cards? I’d love to know what you do!