Affiliate links may be included for your convenience. View our privacy and affiliates policy for details.
Most people’s kids have been out of school for at least a few weeks now, so you might have already gone through all the standard summertime activities the kids always want to do. And if you live somewhere it gets hot, it’s probably too warm to go outside for much of the day, so you’re looking for things you can do inside that keep your kids entertained, engaged and creating.
Learn with Play is a brand-new book that features more than 150 activities for summer and year-round fun, from some of the best kid bloggers out there (yes, including me, I have a piece in there about using book baskets to encourage reading and learning around a theme).
Inside you’ll find art projects, sensory activities, science, music, holiday projects, nature activities, projects using shapes, colors, matching, recycled crafts, pretend play ideas, quiet time activities, organization tips and more.
A random assortment of projects includes:
- a Velcro grabbing wall for babies
- leaf art activities
- birthday cake playdough recipe
- musical sensory bin
- junk structures made out of corks and bottle caps
- fizzing hearts made with glue, baking soda and vinegar
- a stacking game played with erasers
- alphabet soup game
- how to make a felt story board
- tips for cooking with young children (that was 97)
- posters to help with morning and bedtime routines
- dot marker heart card for Valentine’s Day
- a DIY bird’s nest craft and science activity
- firework art for July Fourth
- felt turkey busy bag
- Santa’s mailbox
This book is just full of great activities and play ideas that you are sure to use all year long with babies, toddlers, preschoolers and beyond.
The book is available as an ebook, for the Kindle and as a printed book on Amazon. (Because I live in a state where Amazon does not have affiliates, I only get a kickback if you buy the ebook from the first link in this paragraph.)
Check out the video for a closer look at all the goodness.