This month I’m working on getting things done that I’ve been putting off or doing things that need to be done without procrastination.
It’s a really big deal for me, because I am awesome at not doing things. Thinking about doing things. Preparing to do things. Going over and over again in my mind what needs to be done and exactly how I ought to do it.
Everything but actually doing the thing.
I’ve made really good progress so far. Ten days in and I’ve:
- cleared off the dining room table, a constant landing zone for mess, and kept it mostly clear all month
- cleared out the chair in our bedroom that’s always covered in stuff; now I read in it almost daily
- blocked a knit dress that’s been done for a year or more
- made a doctor’s appointment
- put together and mailed long-languishing packages
- answered some long-languishing work emails
among other things.
While my leftover pizza was heating up in the toaster oven I hit the sewing machine for 10 minutes.
I fixed a hole in a pair of the girl’s pants, and another in a pair of my pajama pants. And I fixed the waistband on the girl’s Valentine’s skirt from last year, which may or may not still fit, but I wanted to make sure was wearable just in case.
Three pieces of clothing back in commission in 10 minutes? Not too shabby.
What have you been putting off that you could do today? I’d love to hear about it, especially after you do it!