Affiliate links may be included for your convenience. View our privacy and affiliates policy for details.
I feel like this month has flown by and I haven’t been getting things done that I really intended to get done. I made some promises to myself that haven’t quite gotten redeemed yet, but I’m also doing a good job on a few things that I didn’t expect to be going so well.
I’ve blogged every day this month, on both this site and another site of mine, which I didn’t really expect to be doing when the year started. It just kind of happened (it won’t happen regularly on this site, but we can talk about that later).
Now that the girl’s made it back to school five whole days in a row, I’ve also worked out five whole days in a row. Which is really nice, since I think I made it one day in all of December.
I started doing morning pages again and have so far done them daily.
I started keeping a list of best things or happy things that happen every day. So far I’ve kept up with it.
Doing that has gotten me thinking about what makes a good day (or at least a good weekday) and how I can get more of that into my life.
Here’s my list:
- Writing: at least morning pages, ideally other stuff, too, but I need to get words down every day.
- Coffee: not really essential, but it does make life good, doesn’t it?
- Exercise: I don’t really work out on the weekends, but there’s no better way to start a work day than morning pages and some bike time.
- Reading: Whether it’s fiction or a knitting book, I need the comfort of other people’s words and creative expression daily.
- Making: Knitting, sewing, painting, whatever. I need to do something with my hands every day or I get a little frantic.
- Work: It really does help me to know that I’m accomplishing something. That’s why the girl has gone to preschool all these years. If I don’t have work it makes me feel kind of useless, even though I know parenting and keeping a house are very important jobs. They’re just not enough for me.
What about you? What are the elements that make up a good day for you? How can you get more of them in your life? I’d love to hear your thoughts!