Affiliate links may be included for your convenience. View our privacy and affiliates policy for details.
This one is another bit of crafty plagiarism, thanks to a mom in my playgroup who recently shared a recipe for play dough that’s really crazy easy. Of course it doesn’t take anywhere near 30 minutes, unless you count the time it takes the dough to cool down so you can play with it, which takes a couple of hours.
What You Need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used canola)
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar (I actually used about a tablespoon, because that’s all I had, but the recipe called for 2)
- 1/2 package Kool-Aid (I used strawberry)
- 1 cup water
- waxed paper for cooling
What You Do:
- Mix all ingredients except water in a small saucepan.
- Add the water and stir well.
- Heat on medium, stirring, until a dough forms. I think this took about 10 minutes, but it could have been faster.
- Place dough on a piece of waxed paper to cool.
- Play with your dough.
Like regular play dough, this stuff will dry out pretty easily. Mine is stored in a piece of plastic wrap, but you could use a plastic bag if you want, too.
I gave my wee one just a bit of this to play with yesterday. She enjoyed throwing it when I made it into a ball, but otherwise wasn’t too impressed. I had a lot of fun with it, anyway!