Affiliate links may be included for your convenience. View our privacy and affiliates policy for details.
If you visit this site very often, you know that I’m writing a book. A book about knitting for babies. It’s going to be an awesome book, but it’s due in a month and two days and I’m a little freaking out about it. There’s still so. much. to. do. (I guess this is what it feels like to be a month and a half away from having a baby, too. I missed that part.)
But it will get done, and it will be awesome.
In the meantime, I’m not doing much other than the book when it comes to creating, or blogging, or thinking. So especially forgive me for the next month if things get a little quiet. I’m thinking of you and wishing I was here.
I’d already started this post before my online buddy The Made Thing wrote about writing a bucket list, but I guess this is my “when the book is done” bucket list. Or old year’s resolutions. Whatever. This is what I want my life to look like starting Nov. 16.
- Do nothing for a day. Or, OK, an hour.
- Knit something just for fun.
- Do some crafting that is not knitting.
- Make some of the 1,235 pins I have on Pinterest.
- Really finish organizing the top floor of my house.
- Start exercising again.
- Start making art for fun again.
- Bake some really good bread.
- Go for a walk.
- Read a book that has nothing to do with knitting.
- Figure out how to promote this book so the publisher will want me to write another one someday.
- Try not to get another book deal for a little while.
- Pay attention to some of my other work that’s been neglected for months.
- Go work at a coffee shop. Or not work.
- Go to the library without the Bit.
- Go shopping just for fun. (I want to start a feature on some of the cool shops, restaurants and other places in town, so I need to actually go to some of them.)
- Get back to the intent of this blog (yes, really daily and yes, really craft).
- Be a better friend, wife, mom (OK, that one could start now!).
- Write something just for fun.
- Actually get that cleaning schedule in place that I’ve been meaning to do all year.
What about you? Have any big plans for the end of the year? I’d love to hear what’s on your list!
1) Get settled in our new house.
2) Make healthy meals.
3) Make healthy desserts.
4) Start working out regularly again.
5) Read books for fun.
6) Start an organic vertical garden.
7) Start making a game.
8) Start making a short film (could tie in with the game).
9) Go on our delayed honeymoon.
10) Learn Unity.
11) Get better at all things 3D (Rigging, Renderman, for example)
12) Get better at compositing.
13) Visit friends more often.