I’m kind of obsessed with buying Craftsy classes (and I’m an affiliate, by the way, so if you follow any of the links in this post and buy something I’ll get a little kickback).
The only problem is, I usually don’t actually watch the Craftsy classes I buy, or I start them right away but then get busy and never finish them.
I mean, how much more great stuff would I know if I had just watched those classes? Let’s see.
- I would know a lot more about crochet than I do, if I’d watched more of the Crochet Lab Class by Vickie Howell.
- I’d be taking better pictures thanks to Rick Allred’s Basics of Digital Photography (not to mention doing better product photography with Caro Sheridan’s Shoot It: Product Photography Class class).
- I would be rocking double knitting (and probably using a lot more color) after Lucy Neatby’s Foundations of Double Knitting class.
- My husband would be happier with my mad cooking skills if I watched 20 Essential Cooking Techniques (w/ Brendan McDermott).
- My daughter would love the clothes I’d be making her (and myself) after taking Mastering Zipper Techniques with Sunni Standing.
- My serger would no longer be hiding in a box if I just went ahead and watched Beginner Serging from Amy Alan.
[Tweet “I actually took all the @becraftsy classes I own, I’d be a sewing expert and have marital bliss.”]
That only scratches the surface of the amazing potential I’ve got hiding in my purchased classes, and is not even to mention the classes I’d like to own but don’t, like Artisan Bread Making, The Ultimate T-Shirt Quilt, 10 Marvelous Mixed Media Techniques or Mixed Media Essentials: Color, Design & Texture.
So much great stuff! Imagine how much more creative and skilled I would be if I actually took all those courses!
This has been kind of a silly post but I do love Craftsy classes and it’s not at all their fault I never finish them. (And really, I have finished several. I just have a lot more unfinished.) If I just took a lunch break and watched a segment or two every day, I’d be through those classes — and a lot smarter — in no time.
Are you a Craftsy addict? Is there something there that can help you meet your resolutions too? I’d love to hear about it.