Affiliate links may be included for your convenience. View our privacy and affiliates policy for details.
This is one of those ideas I found on Pinterest and now that I’m looking again I see it’s all over the place, but I think the pin I first saw for it was from Tidy Mom.
Now that spring is here we’re all looking for ways to clean our spaces and to make them seem a little fresher, too. So this baking soda essential oil air freshener is just the thing to spruce of the smells in your home or office.
It’s super simple to put together and looks cute on a desk or table. Mine is in my office, so I used essential oils that are good for focus and energy as well as smelling good. It remains to be seen if it improves my work performance!
What You’ll Need
- half-pint Mason jar or other jar with a ring lid
- piece of scrapbook paper
- pencil, scissors, straight pin or sharp needle
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- essential oil or oils of your choice
- To make the lid for your jar, remove the original lid and trace the flat part on a piece of scrapbook paper. Cut it out.
- Add baking soda and oils to jar. I used about 15 drops total; five each of eucalyptus, rosemary and vanilla, but you can use whatever you like. Don’t use too much or the smell will be really strong.
- Mix with spoon, or put the original lid on the jar and shake.
- Put the paper lid on the jar and tighten the screw top.
- Use the pin or needle to poke holes in the top to let the scent out.
- Place somewhere you can enjoy it.
I’m not big on scented stuff, but this is subtle enough that it makes the place smell a little nicer without being chemically. I like that.
Do you do anything special to make your home smell nicer for spring? I’d love to hear about it.